Honda Black Bomber K0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Black Bomber K0

I have just purchased a K0 model CB450 serial number starts with 102xxxxxx. The title says its a 1969. I know the models changed in 1969 to the newer style, but this is a black bomber model. Ive heard these models did not sell well and languished on the showroom floors into the late 60's and it was common practice back then to title a bike as the year it was sold. Does anyone have a comparable serial number to better know the date of manuf.?
    Scott Larson
    AMCA #13589
    Omaha Chapter

1953 HD FLE
    1971 HD FLH
    1971 Triumph Bonneville 650
    1973 Norton Commando 750

According to the Honda Motorcycle Identification Guide (aka Bible to us Honda nuts), your bike is from 1965-1968.

The '69 models were K-1 with serial numbers beginning with CB450-3000001. Release date for the K-1 was 4/27/68.

Comment

Thanks for that verification. So there must be others out there with later title dates. Is this common or does everyone just know what the K0 models look like and expect the title to be anywhere from 1965 to 1969 or so? The title serial number does match the frame number.
      Scott Larson
      AMCA #13589
      Omaha Chapter

1953 HD FLE
      1971 HD FLH
      1971 Triumph Bonneville 650
      1973 Norton Commando 750

Comment

Title number is usually the same as the motor number. The frame number does not match the motor number on these bikes.

Comment

"The final way to date most complete, original bikes (that haven't had a wiring harness fire, modification or some similar misfortune) is to check the harness between the steering head and the battery connectors (usually somewhere under the fuel tank) for a small white tag, attached to the outside of the harness wrapping. It will usually show both the part number of the harness, often including the model and THE DATE! It is the date of manufacture of the harness, but almost always corresponds to the date of the bike, too."
          I found this to be true with a couple 1965 Honda's I've picked up lately, CB 77, CB 450-hope this helps-BPK!!

Comment

Working...
          X