Reproduction Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reproduction Chrome

I'm going to be needing some reproduction chrome parts to complete my restoration. I'll be buying NOS when I can, but things like front and rear crash bars, front and rear fender tips, shocks, etc. will likely come from aftermarket.

Do all the parts (regardless of vendor) pretty much come from one place or are some vendors carring better grade of repop than others?

Where do you buy best chrome/best fit/most accurate reprodutcion crhome?

why, if I'm asking "vendor" questions, was this moved to "paint" by the moderator? I'm new here but do not understand the move?

Comment

If the stuff your looking for is for a 66. You shouldn't have that much trouble locating it. I don't no where your located but network around. Give Bill a call at Bill's Cycles in PA (Zimalady on e-bay). I think bill has ten of everything. You might spend a little more but if he says it's mint. Thats the way it comes to your door. As far as after market goes. I don't really buy after market stuff but what little I have. I've found Drag to provide much better stuff than Ted. Why your post was moved? Who knows whats going on in the mind of Kval. He's from Jersey. Chromium, lead in the drinking water, radon. Who knows?
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

if kval has Chromium maybe I could send my old parts to him to be redone
        Moose
        aka Glenn

Comment

Glenn why bother. Down were you are just stick in the sand.
          AMCA #3149

Comment

thanks for the advice on Bill. I didn't know if Olddude, Wayback Wheels, J&P or others all had the same version of repop.. Are you telling me Bill has NOS stuff?

Comment

The real stuff!
              AMCA #3149

Comment

Bill carries both repo and nos. And he at tells you what is what before he puts it up for sell.

Comment

oldhog66
                  it was moved so people would see it! the "vendor rated" section is to tell the good,the bad or the ugly about vendors you have dealt with, not to ask for help. we don't have a section for just chrome so paint was as close as it comes
                  Kevin Valentine 13
                  EX-Chief Judge

Comment

he may have great stuff...but I emailed him a parts list that i'm looking for a week ago and no response... seems like most of the vendors carrying old stuff operate this way..

I've left two phone messages with Antique Motorcycle Supply and no call back...even though they make a big goddam deal of printing in ALL of their ad's "leave a message if you dont' get us and we WILL call you back".

Comment

Working...
                    X