Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They used H-D motors for all kinds of things....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They used H-D motors for all kinds of things....

Anybody ever seen one of these???

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Your right Tim. There's a great story of how that airplane was discovered in the fall '89 issue of the club mag..... It would be interesting to hear what became of it.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

I went to an auction nearby a few years ago. There were the remains of two small wood framed aircraft and one J motor power plant. The motor was modified extensively. I wish I would have had my camera along. Better still I wish I'd have met the man before he past. He had a barn full of ancient machine shop equipment.
      Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

I remember seeing an article in a Popular Mechanics from the 30's or 40's that gave the plans and material list to build a small airplane using a motorcycle engine for power. I think they used a 45" Indian motor in the article.
        Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

I saw pics of an '11 HD twin motor with a prop. A club member owns it and hopefully has built a bike around it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by silentgreyfello View Post
            I saw pics of an '11 HD twin motor with a prop. A club member owns it and hopefully has built a bike around it by now.
            Interesting.... I've never heard of one that early. Do you know if it was for aircraft or an ice racer?
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
            X