New S&S Cycles Knucklehead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New S&S Cycles Knucklehead

This might be the world exclusive, but S&S Cycles, through their Flathead Power brand will be introducing a very limited edition, complete turn key Knucklehead motorcycle.

I am told they will make only 24 copies of this bike and they will retail for under $22,000.
    This is a pre-production model. The final one will look like this but I am told might have a pogo seat. It is footshift and mousetrap hand clutch.
    I liked it.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

I am surprised that there have been no comments on this here.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Any specs on the bike. Price is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Kanter View Post
        I am surprised that there have been no comments on this here.
        PUKE! Does that work? I hope nobody buys one and they get stuck with all 24.

Comment

Originally posted by silentgreyfello View Post
          PUKE! Does that work? I hope nobody buys one and they get stuck with all 24.
          Now there's an honest response if I ever heard one! Thanks for the chuckle! It's not my cup of tea either. But I'm sure they'll sell.
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

I wonder if this is a race frame engineering frame?
            Lonnie Campbell #9908
            South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Nope. The frames aren't coming from me. They are sourcing the frames elsewhere.
              Steve Little
              Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
              Australia.
              AMCA member 1950

Comment

Just makes me sick,it is NOT a knucklehead its a FAKE end of story to bad the hoby is coming to this!! Shamefull !!!!

Comment

It doesn't look original, and it is not being sold as original, so i don't have a problem, except the missing 22 grand.

Comment

Buzz,
                    I'm not sure that the price that you quoted is correct. I was told that the machine will be available in two versions. The second having more brightwork and a somewhat higher price. This machine might not be silentgreyfellow's cup of puke........ oops I mean tea ! However it is not being marketed with AMCA judging in mind. I was given the chance to witness assembly of the 93 cubic inch motor that S&S is marketing under the Flathead Power moniker. S&S made no pretenses that this motor was in any way a Knucklehead. Check out my article on it in the April issue of Iron Works Magazine.
                    Membership # 2926

Comment

I'm with JKE. This bike is for those who like the Knuck look but yet don't wish to go down the same path we all enjoy, in putting an original back together. Compared to the new Chinese / India HDs, they may well sell. Paps

Comment

Originally posted by Paps View Post
                        I'm with JKE. This bike is for those who like the Knuck look but yet don't wish to go down the same path we all enjoy, in putting an original back together. Compared to the new Chinese / India HDs, they may well sell. Paps
                        I am currently building a Knuck California Bobber. As this is to be a rider that I will be trashing the hell out of I decided not to abuse original cases and cylinders. So I had STD (made in USA) make a special set of cases for me. Timken bearing Knuck cases drilled for EVO style oil pump. FHP (Made in USA) Big Bore Barrell's, All S&S stroker internals. Gen U Wine H-D heads, valve train and timing gear cover. Slid this into a Gentry frame that has had all the errors corrected. Using 1963-1966 rear brake. All of the sheet metal, forks, seat, ETC. are Gen U Wine parts.
                        Is this bike any less of a Knucklehead? I don't think so.
                        Be sure to visit;
                        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Pretty much what I said Chris. I think S&S has targeted the industry correctly. Build it ! have fun !! Paps

Comment

Working...
                          X