Cool early H-D photo!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool early H-D photo!!!

Just found this on e-bay.................

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1911-...QQcmdZViewItem

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Hey Tim......... I just noticed your response. Thanks for the insight!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

It wasn't long after that photo was taken that George Puls died tragically young. Around the Factory they took it hard because he was well liked and back then it was a big family, and many workers were related.

I don't believe he was killed on a bike (some were), but due to an illness. I'm thinking maybe he was from Fond du Lac, but could be mis-remembering.
      Herbert Wagner
      AMCA 4634
      =======
      The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyCreation View Post
        It wasn't long after that photo was taken that George Puls died tragically young. Around the Factory they took it hard because he was well liked and back then it was a big family, and many workers were related.

I don't believe he was killed on a bike (some were), but due to an illness. I'm thinking maybe he was from Fond du Lac, but could be mis-remembering.
        Interesting..................................

Comment

Yes indeed, thanks for the insight Herb. It's always interesting to know the little side stories.
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

When you know something about the guys in the photos, it makes it easier to enter their world of long ago back when the motor world was new and rapidly evolving. Now the bikes just seem to grow heavier and more complex....
            Herbert Wagner
            AMCA 4634
            =======
            The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

Working...
            X