parking lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parking lights

Anyone know what the difference is between the parking lights listed on order blanks with the -49 part # and direction signal lights with a -50 part # ? I figuired the bullet lights would be the same, but at least by part# they are not.
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

not sure but would they be running and turn signal meaning a two element light vs one for just running
    Moose
    aka Glenn

Comment

Only one wire comes out of the light in either situation so I think the dual filiment is out. Lenses changed in about 50, but that seemed to happen on both.
      Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

bullet lights

Originally posted by bmh View Post
        Only one wire comes out of the light in either situation so I think the dual filiment is out. Lenses changed in about 50, but that seemed to happen on both.
        From the lights I have ,lens styles and mounting brackets have changed,I have some with zinc plated brackets,some with chrome brackets,w/ chrome housings,also have threaded stud type,with wire thru center of stud,ph-7, dh-49,part no.'s or no part no.
        Ken S., # 6457
        1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
        1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

That's what I've seen also. Trying to figuire out which is what. The ones with the studs appear to be late 50's & 60's. The markings on the tabs are not generally visible on an assembeled machne and while I haven't noticed a set with the cad plated straps on a bike, I've seen them for sale .
          Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Working...
          X