Are My Eyes Playing Tricks On Me???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are My Eyes Playing Tricks On Me???

It's gettin' late so maybe I'm seeing things, but is that an eight-bolt motor in the 1906 labeled machine???

Last edited by c.o.; 01-28-2009, 12:59 AM. Reason: resizing picture
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Cory wins the prize again!

This very machine I was hinting about in the so-called "1906" at Wauseon thread where I was wondering aloud what gave Danny his inspiration to build his 8-stud motor as a "1906" model. This photo rather belongs over on that thread too.

Question: Whose motorcycle is it in the photo above?

Oops!
    Herbert Wagner
    AMCA 4634
    =======
    The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

The 09 looks like it might be a prototype? it has an unusual front motor mount .
      It could be the bike pictured in jerry Hadfields inside Harley-Davidson.

Peter Reeves 860

Comment

Originally posted by pete reeves View Post
        The 09 looks like it might be a prototype? it has an unusual front motor mount .
        It could be the bike pictured in jerry Hadfields inside Harley-Davidson.

Peter Reeves 860
        Hi Pete,

Do you mean it's lower than it should be? (You can see another mark on the frame higher up). Possibly a repair? I might have the serial number of that engine. If so, we could possibly date it production-wise that way.
        Herbert Wagner
        AMCA 4634
        =======

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyCreation View Post

This very machine I was hinting about in the so-called "1906" at Wauseon thread where I was wondering aloud what gave Danny his inspiration to build his 8-stud motor as a "1906" model. This photo rather belongs over on that thread too.

Question: Whose motorcycle is it in the photo above?

Oops!
          O.K. is this bike the basis that Danny built his machine on? If it is, then that explains a lot. The fact that the article mentions that his motor has the second oldest numbers that he's seen should indicate that it's at least an '07...... I sure wish we could hear the story on it.
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
            O.K. is this bike the basis that Danny built his machine on? If it is, then that explains a lot. The fact that the article mentions that his motor has the second oldest numbers that he's seen should indicate that it's at least an '07...... I sure wish we could hear the story on it.
            That was my first thought too when I saw Danny's bike in the Club mag. That he based his 8-stud on this other so-called "1906" machine with an 8-stud motor. The only one in creation that I know of. If correct, that would explain a LOT just as you say.

It's also important to consider who owns this 8-stud with a "1906" fender tag on it considering the parts bike hodge-podge their other tank strap models are. As this photo demonstrates, it's been around and out there for people to examine and be misled by its incorrect config. Only Danny can tell us what inspired him.
            Herbert Wagner
            AMCA 4634
            =======

Comment

Working...
            X