1919 Henderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1919 Henderson

This is a picture of the progress I have made on my Z2 Hen. I just got the cylinders and intake housings back from a valve job. Adjusting the valves is quite a job because you have to take the cylinder off and pull the exhaust tappet out of the engine for adjustment. You adjust the tappet in a vice and then put everything back together and measure it with a feeler gauge. You can use dial calipers to get yourself close, but the proof is in a fully assembled and tightened cylinder. With goof off time, it takes a full afternoon.

Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Try the picture again.

Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

I see, it's just a link. I liked it better when the picture appeared with the text.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
        I see, it's just a link. I liked it better when the picture appeared with the text.
        I think the inline image setting is by forum section. It seems "American other" has it turned off (look down the very bottom left of the page (posting rules) and you'll see it says IMG code is off). Since we no longer have any clue who is running this board, we don't know who to ask to turn it on.

Great looking Z2 by the way. I can't tell from the photo. Is it an electric model with the generator on the cam cover? ... Perry
        Last edited by Perry Ruiter; 01-19-2009, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
          It must just be this thread i was able to post your pic in the Your photos area
          Jeff Bowles
          Arkansas
          Membership # 14023
          1957 Sportster

Comment

Originally posted by Perry Ruiter View Post
            Great looking Z2 by the way. I can't tell from the photo. Is it an electric model with the generator on the cam cover? ... Perry

Thanks Perry, I have everything but the generator. Over the years I have found the most obscure stuff for a variety of motorcycles but that darn generator has eluded me.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

The starters for 1917-1919 Hendersons are very delicate and always worn out. I have experimented extensively with different dog angles and come up with something that works but even still, you have to be gentle with this vintage of Henderson starter.

Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

That's a beaut Eric. Nice job!!
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                X