• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knucklehead tank Badges?

the teardrop badges,,stainless,,or stamped steel "help''

knucklehead tank badges

chrome plated brass check with magnet it wont stick

Comment

THE ONE I HAVE IS THIN STAINLESS STEEL A LETTER "G" STAMPED ON THE BACK{ LEFT ]SIDE THANKS THE Colonel.

Comment

War Production badges were plain steel and painted. 1946 was still War Production. There is a nice photo of a 1946 on page 569 in Palmers.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

THANKS Chris I have a rightside my magnet don't stick there is a small letter ''G'' STAMPED ON IT.???? fayded red an black lines..thanks agin the COLONEL..

Comment

Colonel, The nameplate first came out in '40 in chrome. The chrome on has two small Gs stamped on the back of the triangular spears, it is plated stamped brass with black in the spears and red letters and has a -40 part number. That emblem was used from'40 through the end of civilian production in '42. Very few '43 models exist and if they had emblems they were left over inventory of chrome ones. It was replaced by a stamped steel painted emblem that was on civilian production models until the end of '46. The painted ones came in black, gray, and blue and had a -44 part number.
            Robbie
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Tank Badge

THANKS FOR THE INFO- THE BADGE I HAVE HAS FADED RED LETTERS AN BLACK SPEARS "2" G'S ON IT AN A magnet woun't stick to it,thanks agin the colonel..

Comment

Working...
              X