Paint code for Teak Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint code for Teak Red

Does anybody have the correct paint code for Teak red for pre-war knucks? I also heard (not sure if true) that the later flight red is the same as Teak red???
    Thanks, Jim
    oldmtrcyc@msn.com

I'm sorry I don't have the code for Teak Red but I know that it is different than Flight Red. I just went through this on my '48 FL.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Try John Pierce at Pierce Color-Write 603-942-5610. He is the most knowledgeable person I know on paint colors--Michael

Comment

hello my 37 ul will be teak red 98 bmw314 this came from chuck lipsky before he passed away. the gold pinstripe code is b8738ah dupont centari. hope this helps you T-bone

Comment

Tbone, I presume you mean BMW 318? It shows two reds for 1998, one saphire red and the other is bright red. I'll have to go to the paint shop to look at colors. Chuck Lipskey was a very knowlegable guy. I wish he was still around.

Michael, I also checked out colorwrite's website. I am sure that the color would be correct, but on the spendy side ($250.00 / quart). But when these prewar knucks are bringing huge bucks, probably worth paying an extra $180 to make sure the color is spot-on should I ever have to sell it, though no intention of ever doing so!

Thanks again!
          Jim

Comment

Dear All, Teak Red and Flight Red have the same 1934 Harley part number. The best match I have found in off-the-shelf car paints is ICI Spectrum ME21B.

Comment

teak red

jim the paint sample i have says 98 bmw 314 on the lid. i will check with my painter and get back to you. t-bone

Comment

teak red

jim just talked to my painter he told me 314 is bmw number that crosses over to ppg 74194 hope this helps you.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Almost ready for painting!!!

Comment

The Harley # for teak red is 11626-X* for years 37-39. Harley paint codes can be found here http://www.hydra-glide.net/

Maybe you already have this information but I hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
                    X