crome plating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crome plating

Has anyone had crome/plating done by International Chromium Plating in Providence ?
    How would You rate the above vendor ?
    The time has come along with my restoration for the plated items to be sent out.
    Any recommendations for a vendor will be appreciated.
    Paul’s chrome in Evans City Penna and Vintage plating was a recommendation, any comments?
    Also looking for a phone number for Paul’s chrome and Vintage .
    Thanks Jim p

Originally posted by militaryrider View Post
    Has anyone had crome/plating done by International Chromium Plating in Providence ?
    How would You rate the above vendor ?
    The time has come along with my restoration for the plated items to be sent out.
    Any recommendations for a vendor will be appreciated.
    Paul’s chrome in Evans City Penna and Vintage plating was a recommendation, any comments?
    Also looking for a phone number for Paul’s chrome and Vintage .
    Thanks Jim p
    You might want to give American Cycle Fabrication a call 570-752-8715 and talk with Paul Friebus. They are pretty meticulous about resto work and the related plating (cad, chrome, etc). These guys have had good feedback on this site as well. He's in Berwick PA. Expert in a lot of areas (especially military flatties). Anyway he may be able to point you to some services he uses. Wife's name is Barbara, she'll probably answer the phone. www.americancyclefab.com
    Ray
    AMCA #7140

Comment

You could call South Bay Plating, in California. 714 434-1141. I talked to them the other day, after someone at Buchanan's gave me their number. They seem to have reasonable prices, and are confident of their work. Said they do it for Leno, etc. They have a website, also.
      Mike

Comment

Yes , American Cycle Fab , Paul is doing My motor and Trans !
        I have to give Him a call and ask about plating ,

Comment

South Bay in Calif !
          I will call them too ,
          I hate to vend items out ,wait a million years only to be disappointed when they return !

Comment

International Chromium

I have had chrome, cadmium and nickel done by them high quality they don't lose your parts. I have used them for fifteen years ask for Jean Larry

Comment

LLC,
              Thanks , this is the guy in Provedence ,correct ?
              I am in New Jersey, in the event of a problom, I can drive there !
              I will check it out,thank You

Comment

You Can't Beat Paul's Chrome Plating In Pa. I Had Them Plate My Parts Back In '96, And It Still Looks Like The Day I Received It Back From Them!!!
                CHIEFJ48
                MEMBER #2786

TO THE WORLD YOU MAY BE ONE PERSON, BUT TO ONE PERSON YOU MAY BE THE WORLD.

LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY

Comment

Originally posted by chiefj48 View Post
                  You Can't Beat Paul's Chrome Plating In Pa. I Had Them Plate My Parts Back In '96, And It Still Looks Like The Day I Received It Back From Them!!!
                  Maybe you should put them on the bike. ;-)
                  Be sure to visit;
                  http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                  Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                  Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

They Have Been On The Bike Since '97. I Guess I Should Have Added That To My Post :)
                    CHIEFJ48
                    MEMBER #2786

LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY

Comment

you might try Crome by Ziggy. Irwin PA, 724-863-7996. A member of the allegheny Mountain Chapter of the AMCA
                      Rich
                      AMCA #8438

Comment

Chiefj48,
                        can you give Me a phone number for Pauls chrome .
                        thank You

Comment

try this link Paul's Plating is where I'm thinking of sending my chrome to be redone
                          http://www.paulschrome.com/
                          Moose
                          aka Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                            try this link Paul's Plating is where I'm thinking of sending my chrome to be redone
                            http://www.paulschrome.com/
                            HEY Glen,

it looks like you beat me to it!!! good luck all with your chrome plating!! you will not be disappinted with the results from pauls!!
                            CHIEFJ48
                            MEMBER #2786

Comment

just to bring a topic back from the dead. Got all my parts back (36 of them) and I have to tell you they are perfect. I would be hard pressed to find the scrapes and pits and bends that were on the things I sent to them. They look like they just came off the dealers shelf in 1950 and were wrapped up in a time warp. I had an original tail light chrome that was pitted scuffed and in general terrible, it is now nos. I had the headlight redone and they even have someone that re engraves the writing on the rear around the light wire outlet. tiny little scrapes and bends on the original fox tank emblems disappeared and can not even detect they were there.

anyway Pauls Plating in Evan City Pa has my vote for re chroming or de chroming but only if you want perfect stuff
                              Moose
                              aka Glenn

Comment

Working...
                              X