Looking for a good quality wheel rebuilder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good quality wheel rebuilder

I have a '47 UL and I'm looking for some referrels for someone to rebuild my hubs, lace in new spokes/nipples, and true the rims. The front rim has a small flat spot on the flange that will need to straightened. The rims are original, chrome and in good shape. Can anyone recommend someone who is good quality, reputable, and reasonably priced (ok, well maybe two out of the three)?
    Thanks,
    John

Originally posted by swolf View Post
    I have a '47 UL and I'm looking for some referrels for someone to rebuild my hubs, lace in new spokes/nipples, and true the rims. The front rim has a small flat spot on the flange that will need to straightened. The rims are original, chrome and in good shape. Can anyone recommend someone who is good quality, reputable, and reasonably priced (ok, well maybe two out of the three)?
    Thanks,
    John
    Hi my name is Jeff with willardsmarts h-d parts$ sales we can do them. Never had one come back. Reasonably Price is if thay dont need a lot of work? I just did a set of 5.00 X 16's all stock for my 1946FL from all the way apart to tires on two days Jeff willardsmarts 801-920-9574 AMCA 9583
    WillardSmarts H-D Parts $ Sale
    Ogden Utah. Jeff & Claudia AMCA 9583
    (801)920-9574

Comment

I had a good experience with http://www.buchananspokes.com/
      They laced up a hub and wheel, their spokes, for the rear wheel on my 1923 HD. ...bill in oregon
      Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Originally posted by 23JDCA 808 View Post
        I had a good experience with http://www.buchananspokes.com/
        They laced up a hub and wheel, their spokes, for the rear wheel on my 1923 HD. ...bill in oregon
        There new site is http://www.buchananspokes.net
        Jeff Bowles
        Arkansas
        Membership # 14023
        1957 Sportster

Comment

wheel rebuilder

John,
          I will agree with the rest,sent my OEM ,26 hubs, and repro,McRoberts clincher rims to Buchanans spoke and wheel,for stainless spokes,nickle nipples,lacing and trueing,a bit pricey but your getting a quality job.

Ken S. # 6457
          Ken S., # 6457
          1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
          1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

I haven't check out Buchannans' lacing prices but I do like their spoke and nipple line. The statement of a bit pricy puzzles me though. I have laced many a wheel and I don't think anyone would want a quote from me for doing it. A quality lacing job takes time, patience, and accurracy. Paps

Comment

wheel rebuilder

Paps,
              Don't get me wrong,I did get a quality job,fast service,and they had to make the spokes for my board tracker wheels, not a common size, thats where the extras come in.
              and if I need more work in future I will use them again.
              Ken S. #6457
              Ken S., # 6457
              1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
              1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Originally posted by Paps View Post
                I haven't check out Buchannans' lacing prices but I do like their spoke and nipple line. The statement of a bit pricy puzzles me though. I have laced many a wheel and I don't think anyone would want a quote from me for doing it. A quality lacing job takes time, patience, and accurracy. Paps
                LACE & TRUE MOTORCYCLE WHEEL - 40 spokes or less $97.00
                Jeff Bowles
                Arkansas
                Membership # 14023
                1957 Sportster

Comment

I don't know how they can offer a quote like that. Sounds like a good deal to me. That price would beat mine. And ?? The guarantee tolerance ? 1/32" is factory spec., all over. Of course, I personally try to get the wheel as true as possible. I know...overkill... when I nail it to within .005" to .010" all over. If the rim is decent, these tolerances are always possible. Glad I don't do it for a living. ;) And no ! I don't want to do any but my own. ;) Paps

Comment

Jeff, Bill, Jeff B, Ken, and Paps,
                    Thanks for replying with the advice. I'll get out the phone on Monday and start making some calls. I'm starting the long restoration journey on the UL.
                    John

Comment

Working...
                    X