Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you identify this tank?

www.motorcyclecannonball.com

I don't see a pivot for the shifter so I'm assuming it's for a single speed model. 1918 was the last year for single speed models. Paint color for 1917 was olive with pullman coach green broad stripe edged in gold pinstripe with a gold center stripe. 1918 was the same except it was edged in pea green with a black center stripe. My guess is 1917.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Here's a shot of Steve McQueen's '17. Aside from not being a single speed, the paint sure looks the same to me............ Exeric looks like you nailed it!
      Attached Files
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

I know the paint is different on this one, but I thought it was a pretty cool bike, so I figured I'd post it.
        Attached Files
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

tank

thanks for the info eric.i'm not too familiar with the late single speeds.did they make single speed twins or singles?how was the frame configured?was the clutch on the back wheel?i think you got the year right too.notice how the cap bungs also have no threads on the outside. this tank is actually NOS.the inside is clean as a whistle ,and there is no sign of any screws being used on the top lip.but it does have a notch for the seat tee casting. so its not a racer.
          www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Working...
          X