Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this what the AMCA is all About? Bashing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this what the AMCA is all About? Bashing?

Please take your rude behavior some where else. The last 4 pages of "Heilman's Saddles never again...." Have been a very ugly argument about what color thread was used on some Harley seats.
    Lots of name calling, very little substance.
    I do not think that this is what the AMCA forum was designed to be used for.
    Haynes and Warsham Castle do not seem to be able to carry on a civil and factual discussion.
    And what does thread color have to do with the Thread topic. Mr. Bingham never even mentioned thread.
    It is too bad that there is no moderator to stop this discusting use of this forum.

Mr. Heilman,
    I believe that if you will go back and reread the posts, I have not bashed anyone nor have I been anything but civil in my tone. I have asked Mr. Arnould to send me his address and I will send him one of the over 50 production drawings that I have for H-D products. The drawing I will send him, dated 9/4/1941, shows the 5 different standard solo seats and the thread colors used, which were 7 cord right hand twist linen brown or black threads. He has yet to send me that information. As for your interest in Mesinger seats, I suggest you look at some of the patents awarded to Fredrick Mesinger, some when he was still a German citizen and many after he became a US citizen. Some patent #'s for you are: 755,904--1,036,877--1,546,909--1,648,055--1,585,405--1,865,872--1,577,340--2,190,992,101,787--and 1,133,389. There are a lot more if you just keep looking. I agree with you that this forum has become quite disturbing as Mr. Arnould seems compeled to trash my products, quality, and ability to do seats and saddlebags without knowing anything about me. For that reason, this will be my last post on this subject.--Michael Paquette--6671

Comment

Suggestion to the three "leather guys" who have participated in this pile of "who knows what and can prove it". As a hobby restorer of antique motorcycles, if my desire is to satisfy the standards of the AMCA, I would want the thread color on my seat to match what is accepted, without a point deduction, the opinion of the AMCA JUDGING TEAM who judges my bike. The best avenue to that ruling is our gracious Chief Judge. So, if i contact Kevin and he states it should be pink to pass the test, and my only objective is to pass the test, i'm going to make it pink or state my difference of opinion to him (with documentation) for review and ruling. So in reality I don't care what your opinion is! All that matters to me with regards to AMCA acceptance is WHAT YOU HAVE CONVINCED KEVIN AND HIS STAFF OF ! In reality this continued conflict of opinions has done nothing but belittled the masterful trade the three of you value and love. Please take this topic out of public view and resolve it for the benefit of your customers.
      Johnny Whitsett
      AMCA # 8626

Comment

I have bashed no one. But I have shown factory documention that black thread was used and not white.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Paquette View Post
          755,904--1,036,877--1,546,909--1,648,055--1,585,405--1,865,872--1,577,340--2,190,992,101,787--and 1,133,389.
          http://www.google.com/patents
          ...bill in oregon
          Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Johnny--Thanks for you comments. I have been in contact with both Mr. Arnould and Mr. Heilman and we all have agreed to let this subject take a hike in public. The 3 of us will work to resolve the issue and will post at some later time. --Michael Paquette--6671

Comment

The three of us? Tell Hielman to reconsider my war.

If those Hielman dudes are gonna offer to fix fix thier scew ups for you guys, then they auta include me. I built an Indian four, cost a lot of dollars. I sent Hielman all the original sample of the King Komfort top and padding, and they rrestored the saddle poorly thier way with some cheap foam crap and told me to get lost. Its gonna be done thier way or the highway. They sent my saddle back with no discussion to go over the problem, just a nasty letter. All attemps I made to resolve resulted in in an answer, and I quote the letter, " leave me and daddy alone. Get lost. enjoy your saddle and I hate Indians."This is an important and usefull forum and is very much required to teach some of these busy people offering service to remember, customer satisfaction comes first. you send them creeps 300 hundred bucks for a job all the way across this continent and they send back a 200 dollar job you could do yourself or send out locally. By the way, you guys better asure they dont just send yuor saddles back with no notice like they did to me, and as well, a snotty letter along with it..... ....Joe
              Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Not true

I offered Mr.Drociuk to refund his money (of course I would take off the new leather that I made for this seat) but he wanted to keep the new leather AND get a refund.
                I never sent a letter saying what He "quotes". I love Indians and have restored and owned a few of them.

Comment

Hey Joe, it's obvious you haven't been paying attention. You're doing the same thing the first guy did that started this whole mess. You send a nasty accusatory letter about a well known vendor and expect everyone to take your side. I could care less whether you are right or wrong. You're using this forum to try and publicly shame Heilman's because you couldn't get satisfaction. Your beef is with Heilman's. . . Don't bring it here.
                  Last edited by exeric; 10-11-2008, 02:36 PM.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

This will positively be my last letter regarding this whole stinking seat issue. Beyond that however is a bigger issue. I just talked to that "first guy" on the telephone. Understandably he was put out and a bit hurt by what I had said about him. I would have felt the same way had it been me. We had a nice conversation on the phone and I feel compelled to apologize publicly for my lack of manners and poor judgement regarding a fellow club member, motorcycle lover, and nice guy. Sorry Dewey.

I have preached this in the past and I am guilty of it myself. We should all have this tatooed on our typing finger: READ WHAT YOU WRITE BEFORE YOU HIT SEND !
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

Larry, that is not correct. I will email you off list...Joe

Originally posted by LarryHeil View Post
                      I offered Mr.Drociuk to refund his money (of course I would take off the new leather that I made for this seat) but he wanted to keep the new leather AND get a refund.
                      I never sent a letter saying what He "quotes". I love Indians and have restored and owned a few of them.
                      Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Working...
                      X