Modifying passenger pegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying passenger pegs

Well, you know how it is, if mom ain't happy... The passenger pegs (stock) on my '68 (buddy seat) are just too far forward to keep her happy. I've rotated them back as far as parts will allow. She's taken to hooking her heels on the rear guard but that's not good either. Anyone find some way or find some part to get the pegs rearward a few inches?
    Thanks, Steve
    Steve Dawdy

booster shoes or how about a couple of iron braces just bent back a bit
    Moose
    aka Glenn

Comment

We rode 80 miles last evening in wonderful autumn weather, out to eat, showed off the motorcycle at a bike night. Didn't hear a word from mom about the pegs. So...maybe procrastination is the solution
      Steve Dawdy

Comment

On my 73 flh I nwas able to get brackets and put the pegs back further on the frame where they are on later bike I dont know if that will work on your frame or not but you may be able to get some brakets made. the putting it off till later approch usally ends up with her bitching about it right before a big ride in the summer.

Comment

Of course you are right. I am still thinking on the whole deal. I'll probably modify a small foot board, I think that will be back just enough. The bike is nearly 100% stock and I hate to put something on there that really detracts from original.
          Steve Dawdy

Comment

There was an aftermarket kit that bolted into the crossover tube under the transmission. The one I have, which is mostly junk, has adjustable footboards on each side that are the same size as the stock half moon H-D rider boards. I've seen them in use on various bikes and they seem to resolve the mom-ain't-happy situation.

I don't know if they are still made, but I've seen decent sets at various swap meets.
            Lonnie Campbell #9908
            South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Hmmm, Thanks Lonnie. I'll keep an eye out or see what I can create.
              Steve Dawdy

Comment

Working...
              X