Clear All

• spam man is back

new name is bueutyygo
    Ken S., # 6457
    1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
    1954-H-D Panhead

Originally posted by milw.pirates View Post
    new name is bueutyygo
    So why don't they simply make member number 1 ineligable for the boards?
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Why don't they do what I suggested ? Has FHP been running smooth or not ?????????

Comment

Originally posted by Paps View Post
        Why don't they do what I suggested ? Has FHP been running smooth or not ?????????
        Banning the IP will not work they will just use a different one
        Jeff Bowles
        Arkansas
        Membership # 14023
        1957 Sportster

Comment

Apparently it does work. We have not had to deal with, what is going on here, for close to a year. Prior to that, we had much more to deal with, than what keeps taking place here. Paps

Comment

Maybe we need a new sheriff.
            I haven't noticed a moderator on this site for quite some time.
            ------------
            Steve
            AMCA #7300

Comment

OK Paps what if you ban an IP that is 1 or 10 of a block of 100 dynamic addresses that change all the time if you do not have a static IP . Then a member gets that IP tell his Internet Provider decides to change it and they can not post for a day or even a week ?????

What is need is when some one registers it gos to a registration queue and then a mod or admen has to approve their account first. And i know it can be dun in UBB.classic and i have offered my time many times to do this .

Jeff
              Jeff Bowles
              Arkansas
              Membership # 14023
              1957 Sportster

Comment

I just got a private message from a fella that calls himself oldclassic with membership number 23232334 offering to sell me a 1912 FN for 7 grand U.S. First of all I hadn't realized that our club has grown so much as to have such a high number. This spam B.S. is getting ridiculous. Has anyone ever commented after the Davenport meet regarding the website? Also, has anybody else received this offer???
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                  I just got a private message from a fella that calls himself oldclassic with membership number 23232334 offering to sell me a 1912 FN for 7 grand U.S.
                  Just think. If we had a members list you could look him up. :-)
                  Be sure to visit;

Comment

I agree Jeff. New membership must be stored for review by a moderator / administrator, in order to determine account activation. Auto membership activation is insanity. Now back to my point on I.P. banishment and your point on moderating. I firmly believe, the banishment of the I.P's, at FHP, prevented the past and present spammers, of FHP, from even attempting account procurement, in the future, at least from any of the I'P's, they have used in the past and now. It is just not worth their time and effort to keep trying. There are to many other gaulible sites to attack from the easy pickins lists, to satisfy their wants. Sadly, this site is becoming one of those easy pickins sites. No one can receive an account at FHP, without me personally, accepting their registration. It is at this time, they are screened. If I don't like what I see in their registration forms, I email them direct for more info. If I see it as an obvious attempt of gaining an account for spamming reasons ??? This is where the I.P. address comes into future play. At this time, both username and I.P. are banned. Access to even the forum is prevented. Yes Sir Jeff ! You are so right ! A moderator is a definate need on any forum. Why doesn't this forum choose one of its' volunteers ? Beats me !! I was chosen by my peers and many of the forums membership. I was kind of lucky too. I followed greater, past, moderators paths. One more thing, since getting caught up to I.P. banishments, and.....diligently screening new memberships, it has also been close to a year, any attempt to gain an account, for the purpose of spamming, has occurred. Paps / Pa / Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                      Just think. If we had a members list you could look him up. :-)
                      Yeah, no kiddin'. He registered this month and has zero posts and how would he know that I would personally be interested in a FN? Their cool, but seriously he shoulda offered me a '12 H-D instead..........
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

spammers back

new name, sztin10
                        Ken S., # 6457
                        1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
                        1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Chris.... We do have a members list. More like a book than a list. I recieved mine last winter about a month after renewing my membership.
                          ------------
                          Steve
                          AMCA #7300

Comment

Ohio-Rider,
                            That is the Club Roster. Not the empty Member List that is on the tool bar above this post.
                            Be sure to visit;

Comment

Working...
                            X