Trying to provide a Fair Prospective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to provide a Fair Prospective

Since this forum started , 8/16/2002, Saddles by Heilman have made 853 motorcycle seats. The only two posts to this forum have come this month and are both very negative. On post goes back to a year ago where the customer was unhappy that Saddles by Heilman could not make his seat.
    That is 0.0023 as a fraction of unhappy customers.

And it seems that those customers are still unhappy as you made no effort to satisfy them. Your constant attempts to belittle your unsatisfied customers are noted.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

If you will stop digging you should be at about the bottom of the hole Larry.
      Submitted by a satisfied customer of Saddles by Heilman
      Johnny Whitsett
      AMCA # 8626

Comment

From a neutral party, two points ... first, there have been several very favorable comments on your work in this thread ... not just negative, and second, the fact that only two people complained on this thread doesn't mean that that is all that have had a bad experience. Just as the fact that there aren't 851 favorable comments on this site doesn't mean that there aren't 851 happy customers.

I for one have gotten more of a bad taste as the bickering continued. I'm not sure I want to deal with a vendor who is so vehement. If I were you, I would be upset as well, but I think there's a point to cut your losses. I think your comments stating your position initially were fine and appropriate ... but now it looks like a p#*%sing contest, and guess who loses that one? The vendor, unfortunately.

Finally, the horse is dead ... I agree with the above ... if you'll stop digging, the hole will stop growing. Let it go ...
        Vic Ephrem
        AMCA #2590

Comment

ybe the AMCA could set up a mediation board for problems like this. i can't believe it would take long to figure out who is right or wrong, with the expertise available here. And then see if the parties involved can come to a solution. If not, then post the result. My only concern is a trend I see, and I could be wrong about this, but the trend is the AMCA becoming a vendor organization. Alternatively, just drop this thread altogether.
          Mike

Comment

customer quality...

I make my living in the "Quality" world. I've learned that no matter how good my data might be about how low our quality failures are, the customer that received even just one failure is only concerned about his failure, not any other lack of failures.

The best way to deal with complaints is for the supplier to resolve them. Often, we find the customer found something we were not aware of, and in improving the process or product for the specific customer, all customers benefit.

It seems to me, that based on the pix and such from Dewey, and the quality of work Heilman is known for, Larry could offer to redo the seat, delivering the product quality that we all know he is capable of. The issues are pretty well defined, and seem to be under the control of the saddlemaker.
            Dan Margolien
            Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
            Www.yankeechapter.org
            Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
            X