sidecar fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sidecar fit

Will a late 7os HD sidecar fit an 86 FXRT? I know it isn't 35 yet but it is my daily rider & I have yet to find one that I an afford for my 47 Chief. Besides wherelse can I find all this expertise?

They made a hack for the FXR's but I believe it used a cifferent frame as it was a TLE model if I remember right.
    Brian
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

thanks, Brian. I would suppose that given the limited sidecar sales and even fewer for FXRs that the TLE was just a fitting change rather than a whole new hack. Do you have any suggestions on where to obtain more info?
      Tom

Comment

A good older Harley dealer would surely have that info, if you can find one....
        Herbert Wagner
        AMCA 4634
        =======
        The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

Looked in a late model parts book, Frame, S-bar, mount kit are all definetly different. All have -85 part numbers. This was a model specific deal according to my book and would have more in common with the -83 and up FLHT sidecars.
          Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Brian, I contacted an older HD dealer in our chapter(Jim Kersting) who says that there was never a sidecar to fit the FXRT and that to fit a FL one to the FXR might prove to be a bit daunting. Oh well on to other projects. Thanks.
            Tom

Comment

Working...
            X