Tim "Granny" Scoggins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim "Granny" Scoggins

Granny was one of the founding directors of the Catawba Valley Chapter (S.C.) and a long-time AMCA member. He had a love for the rebuilding of any old H-D or Indian and was slowly working on the restoration of his 1932 Chief, though he certainly put a lot of miles on his '63 FLH and '41 EL. Tim was killed in a tragic accident on 8/13/08 and leaves behind wife Renee and teenage daughter Paige. He was 50 years old.

Tim was an excellent mechanic, welder, machinist and electrician and could play music and sing with the best. I never saw him get frustrated or lose his temper while working on even the most cantankerous machine - he'd step back, get a drink, smoke a cigarette while he pondered the situation, then get back on it and just fix it!

He will be greatly missed, certainly by his family but also by those whose motorcycles are on the road today thanks to his skills and the many friends he leaves behind.

We shall all meet again.
    Lonnie Campbell #9908
    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Lonnie that was a fitting tribute to what sounds like a fine man. May he rest in peace.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

I only met Tim once when I attended the Blue Ridge Road Run in Maggee Valley. His crew were staying in the motel room next door and partied till the wee hours of the night under the Yerba Buena banner. Tim introduced us foreiners to southern hospitality and entertained us with his harmonica, he was a hoot and we had lots of laughs together. We comunicated off and on since we met and I considered him a good friend, we are getting ready to start our prewar Knucklehead Rampage next Wednesday and I am comfortable knowing Tim will be watching over us as our guardian angel.
      Git er Done,
      Carl
      http://www.carlscyclesupply.com

Comment

So many dropping like flys recently ! I did not know the gent but my heart is very saddened. RIP Paps

Comment

Working...
        X