Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyclone Racer sells at MidAmerica Auction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclone Racer sells at MidAmerica Auction...

Wow did anyone else see what the '15 Cyclone racer went for at auction??? Wow...pretty steep, but it sure is purty ain't it???

The site is http://www.midamericaauctions.com/ if anyone wants to check out better pictures of the machine. There's a pretty nice Pope racer on there too....
    Attached Files
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Its a shame that whoever paid $520,000 for it is probably too scared to ever ride it or even run their new "investment".

Martin

Comment

That's a lot of money for a antique motorcycle. Was it all original or built in a machine shop? Whatever the case it is a beautiful machine. I would love to have it.

Dick

Comment

Cyclones are definitely a legendary machine. I don't know about it's originality though. I do know my blood gets pumping when I read articles about how Don Johns used to abuse them. I'm sure Martin that your probably right in the observation that it won't likely be ridden. If I had the bucks to spend on such a machine, I know that it would make the trip to Davenport to hit the track!!! It saddens me to think about the bikes that are left to sit like art objects.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Looks like we're half-way to the first million dollar motorcycle, unless one has already been sold for more than this "Yellow Peril" Cyclone.

Yes, anyone know how much of this machine is original vs. replica?

Road model Cyclones must have been really really rare. Next door in Wisconsin, within a few miles of the St. Paul Joerns's Cyclone factory, I wasn't able to find a single Cyclone registered! Not ONE!

But from some old 1913 records, I did find 2 motorcycles in Minnesota going by the name of "Vortex."

The similarity of Vortex to Cyclone is too juicy a tidbit to ignore, but I have not found anything more about it. Nor to my knowledge is Vortex mentioned on any assembled list of motorcycle companies, except my own.
          Herbert Wagner
          AMCA 4634
          =======
          The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

cyclones

www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyCreation View Post
              Looks like we're half-way to the first million dollar motorcycle, unless one has already been sold for more than this "Yellow Peril" Cyclone
              First million-dollar m/c took place a couple of years ago... it was an eight-valve factory racer purchased by H-D. H-D bought out the whole collection from a well-known collector, but this one bike was $1M by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by silentgreyfello View Post
                First million-dollar m/c took place a couple of years ago... it was an eight-valve factory racer purchased by H-D. H-D bought out the whole collection from a well-known collector, but this one bike was $1M by itself.
                Thanks for the update. I didn't know that. I guess we'll have to start on the first "$2 million" dollar motorcycle!
                Herbert Wagner
                AMCA 4634
                =======
                The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

getting back to cyclones,did anyone else see this little jewel at davenport?
                  www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Working...
                  X