Heilman Saddles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heilman Saddles

These guys do a great job. When I was sixteen and restoring my first knucklehead, I called (pre internet) up Howard, and asked him for a price quote on recovering my solo seat. He told me the price, and to mail him my seat pan and a check. I mailed it off and four weeks later I got my seat back with a check for ninety five dollars. I called up Howard, told him that I loved the seat, and asked what the deal was with the extra money. Howard told me that he had misquoted the cost, and accidentaly given me the price for recovering a buddy seat, hence the extra ninety five dollars. Howard did the right thing, even though I would have never known the difference. The moral of the story is that there are a lot of people that are so focused on dollar signs, that they lose track of what they are doing. This is a stand up company, and I am sure that they would be willing to work with any complaints that a customer would have. Shame on the guy that posted those pics, and for not working with larry Heilman to remedy the situation.
    A.M.C.A. Board Member

www.oldbikesinsd.blogspot.com

www.pre1916scramble.blogspot.com

Unable To Work With Larry

Its too bad that I had to post my situation with Heilmans Saddle, but Larry left me no choice How can you work with someone who before you can state your concern fully- hangs up the phone on you,I called back He refused to answer or return my calls -Shame on Larry for thinking that I would accept nothing less than the quality work I paid for AND the pictures prove it! I have used Howard in the past and the Quality of his work was always GREAT so why should I expect less! I should also state that I have not been able to post all the pictures as I have not been able to shrink them- to get them to load on this site. what you see is only part of the problem.My complaint is not with the leather used but the quality of the leather work!

Comment

My reply

I tried a few times to answer Dewy, and ask him questions, but each time he yelled at me and told me to shut up! I do not know how to deal with some one on the phone who will not let me ask questions or reply. I felt that he did not want to have a two way converation, he only wanted to shout at me.

Comment

Sure hope you gentleman can work this out, and if you don't it tells me that at least one of you has no interest in doing so. Ain't life grand!
        Johnny Whitsett
        AMCA # 8626
        Johnny Whitsett
        AMCA # 8626

Comment

Holy sh#t what does this have to do with seats??? If I wasn't so obsessed with old motorcycles, I'd quit this site!!!
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
          X