Mitchell Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchell Motor

Curious if anyone has a Mitchell motor, from the Wisconsin Wheel works company. It was belt driven, and was a motorbike attachment 1.5 hp. Since I'm in Wisconsin, I'd like to track down some owners of these motorbikes, just let me know, jcsrestoration@yahoo.com
    thanks.
    Dave

Mitchell MC

Originally posted by 1914THOR View Post
    Curious if anyone has a Mitchell motor, from the Wisconsin Wheel works company. It was belt driven, and was a motorbike attachment 1.5 hp. Since I'm in Wisconsin, I'd like to track down some owners of these motorbikes, just let me know, jcsrestoration@yahoo.com
    thanks.
    Dave
    It's good to see another Mitchell enthusiast around. That's one of my favorites since I grew up in Racine, went to Mitchell Jr. High School, and my first cousin, twice removed, worked for Wisconsin Wheel Works and raced the Mitchell motorcycle from around 1901 to 1905.

But I don't think it was a motor-bike "attachment" (unless you know something I don't), but a complete motorcycle constructed as such, altho it had a bicycle type frame.

Or are you talking about their 2-stroke engine maybe?

I don't have one, but I've seen two Mitchells up close, both 1902 models I believe. Years ago there was a 1904 cradle-frame (2nd) 630cc model Mitchell around, but I don't know what happened to it.

Any other Mitchell fans or info?
    Herbert Wagner
    AMCA 4634
    =======
    The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

Working...
    X