Wanted. Knucklehead engine cases.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted. Knucklehead engine cases.

Looking to find a unmolosted set of knuckle engine cases.

Good VIN numbers, matching belly numbers.........not repaired cases needed..

Prime rebuildable cases only

I know where a good 47 frame is with German papers for it.

Will start from there IF I am able to find engine cases for a future project.

I have 45 parts to swap and cash.

George Greer,
    Markt Einersheim, Germany
    George Greer
    AMCA # 3370

Still looking for a set,

Recently missed out on a set while in the US.

George
    George Greer
    AMCA # 3370

Comment

No one out there got a set of cases??

I have been to the AMCA meeting in Dinkelsbuhl, Bavaria over the 4th of July weekend, and still got the fever.

George
      George Greer
      AMCA # 3370

Comment

hello george----the fact is i think you are being unrealistic on your request---i have what you need but the left front motor mount has been repaired. these parts were made 60 plus years ago and went through times of use, abuse and selling for sometimes as little as $50 for a complete motorcycle. that was then----this is now. my cases are nearer to perfect than are usually found. actually i have a set of 46EL and a set of 47FL cases and both are far better than usual. i'm not going to price them here but you can feel free to make me an offer. if it is reasonable i'll sell either set but i know what they will bring on ebay or at wauseon or davenport. i can't help what the prices are these days. i didn't have anything to do with it and if i ever want to replace these cases they will cost me more tomorrow than they are worth today. we all have to accept that whether we like it or not. i can sell a nearly complete engine if necessary but have no need to give away my parts

Comment

Flathappy

I am not asking you to "Give" away anything....

You may know what they will bring on ebay, because you know that place is usually a over priced ripoff to start out with.

The other places you mention, well.....I have never been there, so I don't know about them and it would not be fair for me to comment on them, but I have seen and been to some meets here in Germany and they are pricy too.

But the engine cases are not made of gold, nor is my quest a life and death search, and I won't die if I don't find it.

georgehowardgreer@yahoo.com

If you would like to continue, about the 46 cases. And not to haggle, just straight talk, what you want ..... what I am willing to pay.

George
          George Greer
          AMCA # 3370

Comment

I do not consider Ebay an "over priced ripoff", rather a good indicator of what someone is willing to pay for a part. No, I don't like it either, but it does make me glad I got most of my stuff 'Back When'. As far as the Knuckle, here is my Free Advice. Save yourself a lot of grief and build a BT Flathead. Or better yet, an Indian. If you really Have to have a Knuckle you better either have friends in high places or go reproduction.
            http://laughingindian.com/
            http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
            A.M.C.A. Member Since 1986

Comment

George,
              I know of a fellow who makes dynamite, right on the money, Knuck left cases. I have had them in my hands and they are next to impossible to tell from genuine H-D. He makes two different types. If memory serves his price is $750.00. Right cases appear on eBay with regularity.
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Chris, you are correct; the left cases are still $750. he makes the long rib and the short rib

Comment

Due to supply and demand good parts are hard to find and only worth what someone will pay. Sometimes you get a better deal and sometimes you don't. The more time you spend looking usually the better the part will be, and maybe the price.
                  #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

There is a 38 HD Springer on E-bay right now for $4000 and has over 15 bids. I know this is about knuck cases, but I say this to demonstrate that we "ain't in Kansas" anymore. People are willing to pay that now, even though the seller stated he had aftermarket parts on it.This old bike stuff ain't cheap anymore. I hate it, but it is what it is.
                    Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                    1947 Indian Chief

Comment

I know this post is nearly 2 and a half years after this forum started, but those cases Chris mentioned for 750.00, they are still 750.00 and if properly stamped they are dead on the originals. The people who make them will also match your right case and stamp them with your #s for a very small fee also. I have talked with people who are using these and they are very well pleased, thanks, Larry

Comment

Working...
                      X