1971 honda cl350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1971 honda cl350

Hey everyone. i just bought my first bike. so i figured what better place to start than with a fixer-upper. She runs... reasonably. but i need some parts. i was just wondering if anyone knew of a good place to start (besides ebay)

Welcome, great little bike. Try this link(hope it works)

http://www.oldbikebarn.com/Street/19...torcycle-Parts

Comment

Welcome aboard. Try checking any swap meets in your area. Or old independent motorcycle repair shops. They are still out there. You might be surprised what you can find in a 100 mile radius. I used to own a number of early hondas and they were a lot of fun to return to the road.

Dick

Comment

Those vintage Hondas are super nice bikes! I had a 1967 CL160 I rode across the country and at the time (1970) I dreamed of having a CL350 as the ultimate motorcycle and would like to have one still!

Also watch the local papers and shoppers like a hawk and post little wanted notices on local bulletin boards, etc. and try to score another one like it as a parts bike. Honda made a TON of these bikes and they are out there yet to be found!
        Herbert Wagner
        AMCA 4634
        =======
        The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

CL350 Parts & My New Project

If you are still looking for parts, I have a 1972 CL350 parts bike in nice condition, and I may have what you need, if so - please let me know!
          I bought it as a donor for my original paint 1968 CL350 (in the pic). I'm in the process of replacing the incorrect parts (like the seat) and am tearing it down to the bare frame to clean it up and reassemble it, double checking each part and piece of hardware for correctness. I will hopefully be showing it at Davenport 2009. I was a strict Harley guy for 30 years, but recently have a renewed appreciation for these older Japanese bikes.

Jim
          AMCA #466
          Jim
          AMCA #466

Comment

http://www.vjmc.org/

Comment

You'd be amazed at the parts still available from Honda for these bikes. Find a friendly Honda dealer and support him, or her. Not all dealers are friendly though. I'm blessed by being near a dealer who likes old bikes and gives me a break on parts.

As time goes on, some parts will get hard to find, and expensive. Try finding an exhaust sustem for a '79 CBX. But as someone pointed out, Hinda made a lot of the CB/CL series and parts are plentiful. If you can make it, try Vintage Days next summer in Ohio for an incredible swap meet.

Comment

Here is a pic of the finished bike!

Just thought I would upload a pic. Will be riding it around Davenport this year. Took it down to the frame and painted the frame. Everything else is original finishes except the exhaust guard. All hardware is correct and original Honda. The only repro part is the seat cover. Still need the correct 1968 front fender.
                Fun!

Jim
                AMCA #466

Comment

Working...
                X