640 Scout cylinder fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 640 Scout cylinder fix

These are cracks between the valve and the cylinder wall on my Military Scout. What is the best way to fix this.

Jerry

Pictures did not work on last post so here goes again. Jerry
    Attached Files

Comment

640 Scout Cylinders

Hey Jerry, that crack is very common for Indian unfortunately.... are both of your cylinders that way or just one?also what is the bore of your cylinders, are you .030 over or more? looks like there isn't a lot of room between your cylinder wall and your valve seat. There is no cheap trick to the cylinder fixing, but anything can be done. How are the threads in the top of your cylinder to hold the head on? Email me at jcsrestoration@yahoo.com if you want to explore the options with your cylinder. Not sure what your looking to spend, but you could pin the crack, sleave the cylinder, and then grind and put a new valve seat in, this might be the best route, helicoil some of the headbolt threads if needed, etc... Some people just run them with the cracks, I wouldn't, but all depends on how you feel about it. Hard to tell how bad the crack is from the photo. Anyway, let me know. Thanks.
      Dave
      AMCA#1388
      WI

Comment

Working...
      X