correct seat for a 1930 chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• correct seat for a 1930 chassis

Aloha, will anyone clue me in on if a 1/2 pan seat or a full pan is correct for my 1930 chassis?
    Mahalo

J.E. Bloomberg of the Milwaukee Saddlery Co. patented the first full pan solo seat on May 1, 1933 for Harley-Davidson. It was given a -25 part # because it could be retrofitted back to the 1925 models. I would say a Mesinger half pan would be correct for a 1930 Indian.

Comment

seat

Mahalo for the information Paquette!
      Chas

Comment

Early Four Saddles.

In the 1929 401 parts book, a full pan saddle is listed. Its the King Comfort probably inherited from the Ace when Indian took over the four in 1928. The 1929 402 Parts Supplement (later 29 parts revisions) shows all the parts for the half pan. From that, I'd say 1/2 pans saddles would be standard equipt. on later 1929 and on into the thirtys. ..hope this helps, check your parts listings for the thirty and give me the part number shown. I can check it in my parts listings.....Joe
        Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

seat

Mahalo Joe, dealing with Indian's seemingly random numbered part lists and service hot shots instead of manuals isn't easy.

Today I've got a hardly davidson seat on it, and would like to make it correct.

Comment

Harley Saddle

Chas, is that the Messinger # 3 as it may be correct . #3 is the half pan.
            Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

seat

Umm, no Joe it is not a Messinger as I got the seat when working for HD at the Factory back in the 70's, yes I know never the brands shall be mixed, but it was what I had and it fit with a little drilling.

Comment

Sorry to add to the confusion, but I just found two 1929 Indian 4's in a barn, one of them had a full pan seat, marked with a King Comfort insignia.

Old Chief

Comment

OldChief:- My 29 four also has a Persons King Comfort Saddle on it. I think they were used up from the Ace inhertanced featrures. The later 29 402 supplement book only lists the half pan saddle. I asume only correct for later 29's and on....Joe
                  Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Working...
                  X