Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil for Ace?

What oil is best for the Ace four?

Hello 'almostarancho' , I use 15-40 deisel oil as I do in my Hendersons , there is a good discussion on oils for fours on the < www.hendersonkj.com > site at forum number 895
    worth a look , but it's like all these sorts of questions , you ask 12 people and you'll get 12 different answers , hope this helps , Ken
    Ken

Comment

ACE oil

Hi
      Is it a splash feed or a pressure feed motor?

Comment

Helo Daniel ,
        Both my ACE and Henderson are force feed , do not know about almostarancho's ACE but I would use the same oil but have a look at the HendersonKJ site on oils , it's a very interesting discussion . Do you have any specific reason to ask ? Cheers , Ken
        Ken

Comment

Re Splash Feed ACE oiling

Hi Ken

My reason for asking if it was splash feed or pressure feed, was that on my 1922 ACE which is splash feed I found that some oils foamed out the spray bar when I tested my pump system. I had the sump off the motor and drove the pump with a battery drill as a oil test. The oil I choose to use after testing was 10W-30 SAE AMSOIL Small engine oil Commercial Grade Synthetic. I have done about 1000 miles with out any issues.

Cheers

Alastair
          Last edited by Daniel Boone; 03-08-2010, 05:30 PM.

Comment

it's always interesting to hear others views and findings on oil , just because we use different oils on similar engines doesn't mean one of us uses the wrong oil , I'm sure other riders use different to us and all have good service , hope you continue to pile on the miles and enjoy a great and reliable bike , Ken !
            Ken

Comment

Hendersom oil Site?

I could not find that Henderson Oil Site? Where is it? thanks...Joe
              Joe AMCA# 3435

Comment

Hello Joe , Look on - http://www.hendersonkj.com/kjex/index.html - the oil discusion starts at number 895 , best of luck , Ken
                Ken

Comment

Working...
                X