Judging - Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judging - Accessories

I am contemplating putting a panhead-era oil filter on my 1940 HD EL for obvious reasons, but at the same time, am wondering if this item, as an accessory, would deduct from the judges score for being non-period. Does anyone have an alternative to filter oil (like a hidden filter)? Thanks.
    Vic Ephrem
    AMCA #2590

I'm stepping onto thin ice

Hey Nuck, Kevin must be busy or PM'd you an answer to your question. I've been around the club for over 20yrs and have seen the judging change from the old system to the current point system. I believe there could be a small deduction because of the Oil lines being different to accomodate the filter. The idea of judging display is that the Motorcycle be in condition as sold. accessory addons such as saddlebags, windshields, safetybars with pegs shouldn't be deducted as they are just that addons. The filter as I see it would be a change from as it was sold. I don't like to answer in a field that is so touchy at times. If you're not overly concerned about a point and more for your ridable Motorcycle that's cool. Keep riding them , Merlin in Pa.

Comment

Hey Magic ... thanks for the input. I'm not touchy on this subject, and that's the logical answer. I figured it was a different situation than saddle bags, foot pegs, etc. I'm not shooting for a winners circle bike ... just one that's mostly correct and in good shape with a couple of deviations. Appreciate you stepping onto thin ice.
      Vic Ephrem
      AMCA #2590

Comment

Originally posted by 40 Nuck View Post
        I am contemplating putting a panhead-era oil filter on my 1940 HD EL for obvious reasons, but at the same time, am wondering if this item, as an accessory, would deduct from the judges score for being non-period. Does anyone have an alternative to filter oil (like a hidden filter)? Thanks.
        Why not run the filter when you are riding and remove it when you are showing?
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
        X