Insulating Saddle Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulating Saddle Bag

After installing a 4 piece exhaust system this spring on my 56, I’ve got what could be a problem with the heat from the muffler causing damage to my saddlebag. These are not the correct bags for this year bike. There is just barely ¼” clearance between the bottom of my saddlebag and the muffler.

Anyone know of some type of thin insulation that I could attach to the bottom of the bag to keep it safe from the heat from the muffler? Any opinions? Is ¼” far enough away that I needn’t worry about it? -Steve
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Hi Steve.....Are these leather bags or hard bags? I have leather bags on my pan head and they stretch when I throw in my 10 lb. tool roll or when they get wet. 1/4 inch is'nt enough.Could you adjust the mount on top, between the bag and the mount plate?
    If they're hard bags, you could use some alum. reflective tape on the bottom of the bag, Mount tape so you can't see it on the face of the bag. The problen with the tape is if you ever want to remove it, it will be baked on.........Rod

Comment

Rod, They are leather bags. There is really no good way of remounting them without having them look shabby. If push comes to shove I can always make an extention to lower the muffler a bit but I'd perfer not to do that unless it becomes mandatory. A welder buddy of mine is bringing me something to try tonight, so I'll see. -Steve
      ------------
      Steve
      AMCA #7300

Comment

Working...
      X