DC Linkert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Linkert

Can anyon etell me wheter the DC-7 or DC-12 Linkert Carb is correct for the pre-65 XLCH??

Thanks
    Bill Pedalino
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

DC 12 is correct.
    Dave Swanson
    1956 FLH
    1969 FLH
    1964 XLCH
    1956 KHK
    1936 VD

AMCA 11659

Comment

Thank You Dave.

Of course, I have a DC-7. I thought the DC-12 was for Shovelhead.

I'm restoring my 1964 CH - my first bike purchased in 1969. Like any 19 year-old, I sold or gave away most of the good stuff when I 'chopped' it. I'm Really paying the price now. Thank God I didn't cut the frame!

I changed the carburator over to a Tillitson set-up in 1970 (I actually like Tillitsons alot) and gave the DC Linkert away. What really hurts is that I also gave a perfectly good working 6-Volt horn away!!!
      Bill Pedalino
      Huntington, New York
      AMCA 6755

Comment

Ouch, 64 XLCH horns are rare now and go for big bucks when they show up. I'm sure you will find one.
        Dave Swanson
        1956 FLH
        1969 FLH
        1964 XLCH
        1956 KHK
        1936 VD

AMCA 11659

Comment

Hey Bill,
          There is a website http://www.linkertcarbs.com/ These guys will rebuild Linkert Carbs for a price, I guess its their specialty. I have not used these guys but I have a Linkert Carb for my Sportster I am going to need rebuilt and I will probably use these guys, seems like they do good work from the pictures.
          I don't know if you need yours rebuilt but in any event someday you might.

-Paul
          New York City
          1957 Sportster
          AMCA Member# 9766

Comment

Working...
          X