Pre-41 Front Brake Shackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-41 Front Brake Shackle

Have a shackle XF-834, and am not sure of the casting # for various shackles. I have researched Palmer on what I thought was an original early Big Twin shackle, but some things aren't consistent with Palmer. It's 6" long, but looks closer to 33/64" wide at the blade. also, it has two grease fittings. Maybe wear and someone adding a grease fitting explain it, but just wanted to know if anyone can share definitive info based on the casting number? Thanks, Vic.
    Vic Ephrem
    AMCA #2590

This one is about 6-1/8" center-to-center. Does your forging appear to have been plated and/or stripped?
    Attached Files

Comment

Tim, That's it ... it may be a hair over 6" center to center. Can you tell me what it is? Big Twin 1940, I hope? It looks like it's older parkerized, and I don't think it's been stripped or plated.

Thanks,
      Vic
      Last edited by 40 Nuck; 05-17-2008, 12:55 AM.
      Vic Ephrem
      AMCA #2590

Comment

I believe it's a '36-38 because of the two grease fittings on the sides. In '40, the rear fitting was moved to the pivot stud.

Comment

no boss on grease fitting area on 37

Comment

1940 Big Twin Shackle Casting #

Can someone with a correct 1940 Big Twin front brake shackle tell me what the casting number is on the shackle? Thank you.
            Vic Ephrem
            AMCA #2590

Comment

Originally posted by 40 Nuck View Post
              Can someone with a correct 1940 Big Twin front brake shackle tell me what the casting number is on the shackle? Thank you.
              mine has XF 834F

Comment

Working...
              X