seat springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat springs

I need stronger springs for the seat on my DeLuxe. The 81 year old stockers are weaker than the force of gravity on my not-so-slim self.
    Does anyone know a source of such springs? A fellow up in Milwaukee was suggested to me about a year ago, and though I've tried many times to get a set from him, he has yet to come through with a set.
    Rick Pope, aka rickeieio

Hey Rick, did you try the guys in St Louis ? I have seen a couple guys who made kind of a T attachment and then could bolt on double springs, side by side - does not look to bad, would give ya twice the lift! Either that or start excercising :-) Good luck.

Comment

How do I contact the folks in St. Louis? Do you have a name for them?

You are correct, I need to exercise more. I should start by pushing myself away from the table...........
      Rick Pope, aka rickeieio

Comment

Tom Fickau and Steve Thielicke make Henderson seat springs. Tom can be contacted at "FickauPrototypes@cs.com and Steve is in the club roster. You should also be visiting hendersonkj.com" on a regular basis.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

St Louis Folks

Sorry Rick, I kinda thought everybodywith a Henderson probably knew them. Henderson motorcycle comp. 4207 Hunt (rear) St Louis, MO. 63110 I have two phone numbers not sure if their still good, my catalog is 92 (314) 535 3818 (314) 725 2292
          They have alot of small parts, original and repo - if still in business, far as I know they are. But I have not needed parts in a couple years now. Also Dean Salmons still has a far amount of small parts too, though he is hard to get a hold of - best to try at night (619) 445 5836, dont know if Dean is still selling parts though. Just kidding about the excercising thing. Both those guys Exeric recomended are very good. Good luck with your seat. I broke a spring on a ride one time, I had one heck of a ride home I tell you, trying to work that clutch and brake, with the seat not supporting me, trying not to screw up my paint job!

Comment

Working...
          X