Sport Scout V.S. Jr Scout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport Scout V.S. Jr Scout

Have an old 1941 Sport Scout racer That was set up in 1945 with tanks and forks from a Jr. Scout. Some time in the seventies a Honda front wheel was put on, stops good but it's real ugly. I want to replace it with a Sport Scout wheel and brake assembly but don't think it will fit the Jr. Scout front end ? Have extra Sport Scout rear wheels but no fronts to check minimum width.

Bob, if my shop keys weren't in my pickup 50 miles away, I would run right out and do some measuring for you. I can probably get some figures off my '41 SS to you tomorrow. I haven't spent a lot of time around the little Jr. Scout, but I'm pretty sure they are a different beast altogether. Sounds like you've got a cool little racer. Got any pics?
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks Cory, Dont have the digital camera,for photos. But do have a tape measure, the Jr Scout forks measure about five and five eighths inches. Was hoping to find someone interested in trading a complete front for a complete rear if it will fit.

Comment

Hey Bob, sorry about taking so long. I ran off to the West Coast for a few days. O.K. here goes. I had a look at my front-end and sort of eyeballed things with a tape measure. The forks are roughly spaced at about seven inches. The wheel itself is about a half inch less than that. The rest of the distance is taken up with spacers. Now these numbers are real close, but on removal I'm sure there would be a slight discrepancy. So it does look like the the little Jr. Scout front -end isn't going to accomadate a SS front wheel.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Thank you Cory, three days response with the measurement, seems Quick to me

Comment

Anytime Bob............have you decided which way your going to go with it?
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
            X