pushrod guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pushrod guides

looking for any advice on removal and replacing pushrod guides on a 1932 chief engine..thanks chris

You can fabricate a puller, but is a lot easier to just buy oversize pushrods (Eastern Mcy Parts) and hone the guides to fit.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

actually, they are in good shape the only reason i have to pull them is to nickel plate ...seeing they have been in there so long ,worried i could damage cases....thanks chris

Comment

Chris,

What did you end up doing with this?

I am starting a 36 rebuild and would also like to get the nickel done.

Thanks in advance for any info.
        AMCA #10930

Comment

I believe Caswell makes a brush-on nickel kit. Years ago I bought a kit from a company in Texas. You got a bottle of green goo and this thing that looked like an acid brush with a small nickle plate positioned near the brush. The brush was hooked to a the + pole of a dry cell battery and the - pole went to the work you wanted to plate. You dipped the brush into the green goo and then slowly brushed it over the object. It wasn't the greatest but if you took your time you could get a half way decent job. Oh yeah, there was a bottle of copper goo and a special brush for that. That might be something to consider rather than disturb your pushrod guides.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
          X