Frame #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame #

I just registered my bike for judging in April at Oley. The form asked for a frame and engine #. My 64 FLH does not have a frame #. Is this correct?

frame #

there is no need to list the frame number for any bike, we do not use it and it will soon disapear from the forms
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge

Comment

64's didn't have frame #s anyway, did they?

Comment

Actually, 64s did have a frame number on the left side of the neck downtube. That number was noted at the time of assembly, along with the trans number, and lower fork number. These numbers were recorded on an index card file system along with the VIN. Oh,
        and I think the crankcase confidential numbers were on the card ,too.
        VPH-D

Comment

As far as linking the engine number to a frame number there is not one.
          #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Thanks guys thats what I thought.

Comment

Like I said, the frame, trans and fork numbers for a post 60 Dou Glide are on record at the factory, along with the VIN. This information has been available to Police Depts. for decades.
              Let's suppose a 64 Dou Glide was impounded for some question about theft/ownership. Officer Friendly calls the factory with the VIN and the other numbers I mentioned, he will receive a yes/no or match/no match answer as to whether or not your machine has the components it was born with. If a no match situation occurs, you'll be explaining, for instance, the origin of the non-matching trans.
              I understand this information has been available to the public for the last several years.
              IIRC, this data is limited 62 and later.
              VPH-D

Comment

Working...
              X