attach picture problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attach picture problem

I need step by step directions on how to attach my pics to my thread.

I get as far as finding my pics using the browser and than I click on "IMG" and than enter text to be formated comes up. This is where I get stuck.
    The help section dosn't make sence to me because I have never done this before.

Thank you, Rick.

Hi Rick, Heres how I do it.
    ###### Using the Browse Button #####
    1)-Go to bottom of Reply Dialog box and hit the Browse button.
    2)-Locate your photo which is on your computer.
    3)-Select the photo and push the Open button. The photo MUST be 800x800 or smaller than 190kb. You will notice that the path to your photo will be shown in the Browse button box.
    4)-Now simply press the Submit Reply button. Be pateint cause it can take a few moments to load. Also if your file is to big this is when the software will reject it.

Go over to the Practice Posting Section and have some fun.

###### Using the IMG Button ######
    The IMG button is only used if your photo is being HOSTED on another computer somewhere other than the computer you are sitting in front of. Such as Image Shack or any other online hosting service. I can describe that procedure as well if you need me to. -Steve

Comment

Thank you very much steve, you can check out my picture under "Indian others".
      I am having trouble adding a second picture. When I tried to add a second pic it erased the first one.
      Thanks, Rick.

Comment

photo problem

I tried Steve's method, if the image is to big how can you make it smaller to be accepted by browse?
        Ken S.

Comment

Rick.... The software used here on this forum only allows you to post one picture per reply. Using the Browse Button. That why you can't post two in the same Reply Dialog Box. If you where to use an online hosting servive such as Image Shack for your photo's then you would be able to post multiple photos's here using the IMG button.

Ken.... depending on which operating system you are using, there is normally software which allows you to alter photos.
          I use Windows O/S and it has software called "MicroSoft Office Picture Manager". Also many cameras allow you to set picture size and quality before taking a picture. Hope this is some help to ya. -Steve

Comment

And where is the IMG button? Can't find it.
            Dave Swanson
            1956 FLH
            1969 FLH
            1964 XLCH
            1956 KHK
            1936 VD

AMCA 11659

Comment

Dave... Your right, this new site doesn't have a IMG button.
              Go to "Manage Attachments" button which is just below the reply dialog box.
              There is a button there marked "UpLoad File from URL" which has replaced the old IMG button. Just put the path to your photos in there and hit the button. -Steve
              ------------
              Steve
              AMCA #7300

Comment

Working...
              X