Hi-Fi Coral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Fi Coral

Anybody have any recollection of Hi-Fi Coral being an option for 1959? and if so would anybody have the paint code or where to get it? Neither Antique Supply or Colorwrite seem to have the answer.
    Thanks

Are you sure you have the name right? I recall people mentioning it years ago, but often times riders didn't even know what color their bike actually was. I had a dealer years back tell me my 71 was hi-fi sparkling blue. no such color exists. there is a hi-fi blue and a sparkling blue. never used in the same year and quite different in color , especially in the bright sun. I repainted it hi-fi the first time and thought the paint guy really screwed up. only years later did i learn it should be sparkling blue. Order blanks list all available colors. if you ask I'm sure someone would send you a copy. Thats how I got mine.
    Brian

Comment

Hi-Fi Coral

In my booklet " H-D Color and Paint Referance Manual 1903 -2004" I found that Hi-Fi Coral wasn't offered until 1960. Tropical Coral was available in 1959. Tropical Coral is a solid rose pink color. Hi-FI Coral is tinted top coat applied over a metallic base coat - kinda of a candy kolor. Unfortunately I have not used either color and so I don't have a color code for either one. Your best bet is try and find a color photo somewhere or a color catalog for the 59 or 1960 model year and try to approximate a color match from there.

Comment

Working...
      X