1916 Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1916 Frame

The following (I hope) are pictures of a 1916 model J frame that I said I would post for Mark Masa. This picture shows the top 3 hole fender mount that is typical of '16 and earlier frames. The odd thing is, the forging is of the wide post '16 type.

I have just been informed that I posted this picture last April in the "Test" catagory. Dang, computers sure are smart.

Now I'm going to try and post the second picture. This is the front motor mount/sidebar shaft forging which looks different than anything I have seen on this vintage of frame.
    Attached Files

Comment

The first photo is in the "Practice posting messages here" catagory, and it is dated April 16.

I know this stuff is really really boring for people not invlolved but like any bike we get involved with, there are the subtleties and odd differences that make them interesting.

Comment

Spring-Bird-do-do you jerk, I thought someone was finally responding to my post about 1916 J model frames.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

You know Eric, I find it rather amusing reading the reactions, when the spam has been deleted! Too bad the frame pics are gone...........
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

1916 Frames

Eric
            What did you need to know about 1916 frames?
            Mark Masa
            Mark Masa
            www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Mark, one of these days I'll figure out how to post a decent picture on our new site. Basically, I posted pictures showing the anomalies in this 1916 frame I have. I took pictures of the frame when I first got it because it was obvious that it was an original but rusty unit and not some put together thing. I wanted it to be clear that this frame had not been tampered with or a conglomeration of left over frame forgings. I'll work on posting better pictures and I would like get your assessment at that time Mark.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

1916 Frame Pics

Just email them to me directly at mark@linkcycles.com
                Going to Wauseon?
                Mark
                Mark Masa
                www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Working...
                X