Rapid Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapid Rebuild

Call us crazy but a few AMCA members are going to get together later this month at Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley, NC to do a super quick rebuild of my fairly original but improperly restored 1948 Harley Panhead.

The crew is Dale and Matt Walksler, Matt Olsen, me and who ever else we scare up.

We start to pull it all down on Monday and hope to have it totally rebuilt and running properly with "the right look" by Friday or Saturday.

We are not repainting or replating anything, just mechanical. We will be photographing this and will follow the story in a series of articles in American Iron Magazine later this year.

Wish us luck.

Good Luck again Buzz.
    I'm always amazed how quickly some guys can assemble a basket of parts into a functioning piece of machinery.

Seems like with 4 guys you will all bumping into one another. Are you planning to work it shifts?

I'll be looking forward to the photo's of this endevour. -Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio-Rider
      Good Luck again Buzz.
      I'm always amazed how quickly some guys can assemble a basket of parts into a functioning piece of machinery.

Seems like with 4 guys you will all bumping into one another. Are you planning to work it shifts?

I'll be looking forward to the photo's of this endevour. -Steve
      Well, it's not really a basketcase, more like a rolling project that looks like it should run but doesn't.

As for working in shifts - we;;, that'll be after we're done and running it through the gears!

Buzz

Comment

Buzz, have you had a chance to go thru the basic check list of possible reasons why she won't run? Or perhaps you'll have access to anything you may need. It should be fun, I'm looking forward to the article. Mike

Comment

Well we got 'er done in 3 days. New top end (both pistons, 3 valves), rebuilt the carb, redid the wiring, built 2 new wheels and more. Amazing what five cafine-soaked guys can do in three 15-hour days!

Read about it in American Iron Magazine in a few months.

Comment

Working...
          X