Unknown Early Harley Part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Early Harley Part

This is a clutch sidebar for a Harley, but I'm having some trouble identifying it. It has a slightly different bend then the standard J model clutch sidebar. It has the friction disc used on 1920 and up models. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mark Masa
    Attached Files

The most natural guess for a 1920-up part, that is not from a J-series bike, would be the Wertical Twin 1919-23. It is not for a 1926-up Single either. Of course some race or hillclimber could be possible. I have some pics of a WT somewhere which I can check with more time. Maybe somebody out there who has a Wertical Twin recognises the part (to be or not to be). Of course it does not have to be a H-D part at all, there were many minor brands that few people know that well.
    Happy ongoing 2008!
    Fiskis

Comment

Maybe; look at pgs.32-33 in The Complete Harley-Davidson by Tod Rafferty. ...bill

Comment

That seems to be the one book I don't have. What is it a picture of?
        Mark

Comment

I put a copy of the page on my web site. Large for detail so it could take five minutes to download on a telephone internet link. ...bill
          http://www.97330.com/Harley_WJ_1921_22.html

Comment

So it is not for a Wertical Twin then. I cannot recall any sidebar with the arch of the bar "upside down". What have we left? It is so short that it could be some special application. Or from the teens, which I'm not aquainted with.

Comment

Working...
            X