clutch shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch shell

have a 57 pan and does anyone know what the clearance between the clutch shell and the hub roller bearings should be ???? mine seams to have alot of play???

CsScott. I’ll guarantee you won’t have that play after that baby has been used in traffic for a while. When cold they are all lose. Do you have balls or rollers on your hub? I’m convinced that the reason Harley went to the roller was to reduce the side-to-side movement hence reducing plate grabbing. I’ll look tomorrow in the archive room for your request but I don’t ever remember coming across that one. On the other hand Harley had a measurement for everything except for if I keep playing with this bike in the garage. How long will my marriage last? Bob

Comment

Why is it that the ol' lady can sit and gab on the phone for three hours but the minute I turn the heat on in the garage, I'm neglecting her? I think they see our "other love" as a threat! Mike

Comment

Mike thier minds can be a very evil place.

Comment

Re: clutch shell

Originally posted by cscott
          have a 57 pan and does anyone know what the clearance between the clutch shell and the hub roller bearings should be ???? mine seams to have alot of play???
          Clearance is .002-.003. Standard bearing roller is part#9540A and measures .220. Oversizes are available.
          9541 +.0002
          9542 +.001
          Dan

Comment

You boys need to get the women involved. Once shown that swapmeets are nothing but outdoor shopping, they can be quite helpful. most are born shoppers.
            Brian

Comment

Working...
            X