• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vintage Japanese Magazine Announced

Thu Oct 25, 2007

New Vintage Magazine

Hello all

Important question:

Motorcyclist (now owned by Source Interlink) is going to do a quarterly or bi-monthly classic/vintage magazine beginning in '08, and as Editor I'd like to hear your views on what it should cover and how.

Feel free to unload here or to my work address: Mitch.Boehm [at] Sourceinterlink [dot] com

Just so you know, our plan is to cover primarily Japanese bikes from '69 to about '86

Thanks! Mitch

Howdy Mitch, we've met, via CBXs.

I think the vintage/classic mag is a great idea. There are so many cool bikes that we olde phartes lusted for in our youth and can now afford......

One idea I pitched to you several years ago was to profile a particular club and give some background. Of course there is the very large VJEMC, but there are also many smaller, passionate clubs such as the ICOA (International CBX Owners Assoc) or the SOHC4 group.

Just an idea...We will be having an ICOA Winter Meet in Columbus, OH, Jan 19-20. We're trying to work with Iron Pony to get a display area for some bikes, pristine originals to wild customs.

I look forward to seeing others' ideas on this......

Comment

Re: New Vintage Japanese Magazine Announced

Originally posted by RSmith
      Thu Oct 25, 2007

New Vintage Magazine

Hello all

Important question:

Motorcyclist (now owned by Source Interlink) is going to do a quarterly or bi-monthly classic/vintage magazine beginning in '08, and as Editor I'd like to hear your views on what it should cover and how.

Feel free to unload here or to my work address: Mitch.Boehm [at] Sourceinterlink [dot] com

Just so you know, our plan is to cover primarily Japanese bikes from '69 to about '86

Thanks! Mitch
      Mitch,

Good luck. As a long time magazine publisher myself (Old Bike Journal, Indian Motorcycle Illustrated, American Iron Magazine, RoadBike, etc) I can tell you this is a tough time to launch a new magazine as the single copy distribution system is ic chaos.

Either way, good luck and let me know if I can help you in this admirable effort. Oh yes, I just bought my next project, a 1968 Honda Superhawk, similar to the first bike I bought "back in the day."

Buzz Kanter

Comment

Working...
      X