Ball bearing substitute for triumph front fork ball bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball bearing substitute for triumph front fork ball bearing

i am rebuilding my triumph bonneville. I remember that there is a replacement for the ball bearings in the front fork. I lost most of them anyway. Does anyone know if such a part exists, whom would sell it and is it worth while
    the bonnie will be a rider not a static display
    thank you

If you mean just the balls,you can get them from engineers suplier or motorcycle/cycle dealer.They're just steel balls I think 1/4 inch but just measure one you have left.

If you're talking taper roller replacements,I wouldn't bother.

Comment

Interesting. Taper roller bearing replacements for the loose balls are pretty de riguere with the BMW crowd, and BMW themselves went to this in 1970.

They take a lot more abuse than the ball bearings, and of course, don't lose the balls when you need to take the fork out, nor are they so fussy when you put it back in.

Unfortunately, at least on BMWs, the size is unusual and they seem not to be available from a regular bearing house. They're around $50 for a set from a BMW dealer, although you can find them a bit cheaper from some of the 3rd party folks. Hopefully the size on the Triumph is different (and standard)!

Comment

Working...
      X