Vinyl seat covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl seat covers

I have a question. I have looked and looked to find vinyl exactly like the covers used in the 60's and 70's. Some are just not available anymore. I have been through piles of books at different upholsterers, and can come very close, but not perfectly exact. If something is just unobtainable, are the allowances being made for the best try possible to match it? Also, does anyone have the list of exact coverings for the 50's 60's and early 70's?

vinyl seat covers

portagepan
    we accept the "BEST" reproduction available with no point deduction. so if you cannot get the exact replacement, then go for the closest thing you can get
    Kevin

Comment

Vinyl covers

Thank you for your response. Some of the patterns and colors, are one year only, I think. I haven't been able to find any that are in new condition to know anything for sure. The color changes over time, they get worn smooth, etc. I am working on a seat for a ' 65, that I think is one year only. The vinyl is real shiny, glossy even, compared to most seats I have seen, with very little pattern in the material. Any feedback on this? Anyone done this before?

Comment

Seat Covers

Actually there were seversl different covers used in 65 for the t120. 82-5418A All Black was for the C Model, 82-5418 GREY TOP BLACK SIDE & White pipeing was used on the T120 R, Many bike used82-5418W Black Top with White Piping. We have a 65 T120 with the Grey top as our original bike in 65 had this cover & we had proof from old photos.
        Hope this helps.
        Cass
        PS: I do have a list & could mail it to you, it is quite long.

Comment

The vinyl used in the early 1950's was Royalite Morocco grain 30--40 durometer. After 53 it is reffered to as #310 Black Imitation leather. On the production drawings from 1960,64 and 65 no specific manufacturer is listed but the material is always called imitation leather. Maybe that as a key word search will help a bit. You might also check out the website of lebaron-Bonney ( just google the name). Although they manufacture vinyls for antique cars, they do have the correct material for the 1948 Hummer Lycette style seat.---Paq

Comment

Working...
          X