Hondas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hondas

I attached pic of my 1975 400F. 4 cyl, 6 speed, very areconstruct tittle but original equipment, right down to the lousy rear shocks.

I look funny riding it being 6 foot and 275 pounds but I like it!
    Attached Files

That looks like my neighborhood miker, I live in Sarsota. I like the bike.

Comment

Thank Eric..A couple of more years and it will qualify.
      Its is funny how so many areas in Florida look like so many others.

I am in Wellington, west of WPB...Used to be a nice quiet place, far away from it all, now we have it all and I can't wait to get out.

Miker

Comment

Curious bike. I sort of like that 4 into 1 exhaust.

When I was a teacher around 1980 some kid had a very small 4-cylinder Honda. I can't remember any details except that it amazed me at the time (still my Panhead "daze") that anyone would build such a small 4 banger with thimble-size pistons. Actually the pistons would probably be around the size of my first bike: a 1967 CL160 Honda (lying on the junkpile out back). I need to find a nice older small Honda or Yama-hoo-hoo.

Did Honda ever make a 350cc four?

I want to say that's what the kid had.

Comment

Yes they did, a 6 speed witha 4-2 more standard honda pipes.
          It just didn't have that cool 4-1 that is on the 400f.
          The 400f has quite a following and was an Isle of Mann dominator back in its day...I just like the pipe and the 75 mpg when I do ride it. My daily ride is a 07 flhrse3 hd so it is a change going from one to the other.

The footpegs fold at 45 degress as well. If I were 100-150 pounds lighter, the poor frame wouldn't flex so bad, it would actually handle and stop maybe ok.

Miker

Comment

The CB350F was produced in 1973-4, was a 5 speed, green or red in '73 and green or black in '74. Notice the bulge on the right side of the clutch case on your 400. That's where they made room for the 6th gear in your bike.

I have my cousin's old 350-f in my garage right now, waiting for a "re-furbishing". I may try to get my wife's old 350-f back as well, and build a cafe bike out of it to match my '72 CB836Kafe.

Comment

Sorry, my mistake, I thought the 350 was a 6er...Good luck with the resto.

Miker

Comment

Did you buy the 400 new? From your pic. it looks to be in wonderful shape. I was with a friend this summer when he picked up the sister ship to your bike, although his doesn't look quite as nice as yours.

Those also came in red or yellow. Cool little bikes.

Comment

Back when I was roadracing in the late 1970s, one of my race partners build a seriously fast 400F that could run with the much bigger bikes. As I recall it was a Yoshima (NOT Yoshimura) bike with larger displacement, cams, big carbs and would not idel below 3,000 rpm.

I rode it once on the track and it was so fast it scared me!

Cool little bikes!

Comment

Working...
                  X