wheel offset ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel offset ?

My 1940-47 service manual say's that to properly center the rim on a 16 inch wheel, lay a straight edge across the rim on the brake side and measure to the same side of spoke flange of hub. When rim is correctly centered this distance will be 11/64 inchs. My question is ,is this measurement a reference for when the rim and hub are symmetric from center with one another or is this describing an actual offset.I need to know because I am starting from scratch and don't trust the measurement with an aftermarket rim.Thanks Weaton.

It is an actual dimension for placing the rim where it should be in relation to the hub so the complete assembly, including brake backing plate etc., can be positioned properly in the frame. If your aftermaket rim is the same width as an oem rim, in other words, a good copy of an oem rim, you be fine. Paps

Comment

So could someone out there with an OEM 16 inch rim give me a good measurement of the overall width so I can compute the offset myself? Thanks Weaton

Comment

I measured my spare K-H and came up with 4.082 +/- a couple thou around the rim.

Comment

Working...
        X