frame and swing arn part numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frame and swing arn part numbers

Can anybody tell me what the correct part number for the frame and swing arm should be for 65 fl. I have numbers raised on both but they don't match what a 65 should be I think. since there was a frame change for 65, was wondering if the last two numbers should be 65

The rear fork, "swingarm" will have a 58 number. Where are the numbers on your frame? I will check mine, and let you know. The parts book says 47003-65 for the 1965 frame. Do you have the right squarish oil tank? All the Duo-Glides still had the step frame, and the wrap around oil tank.
    Mike

Comment

mine has the square tank and is not stepped down, straight all the way from the gas tank to beyond the shocks. the swing arm is part # 47606-58, but on the frame the two down tubes that the swing arm ties into on each side, there are two different numbers cast into these downtubes, one being 47651-58 and the other is 47653-58..strange

Comment

The numbers cast into the 'downtubes' are the bottom forgings, different from left to right,...but the same for DuoGlides.

Swingarms were the same for your machine as well. The numbers you ask for are in the Partsbook, not on your hardware.

....Cotten

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten
          The numbers cast into the 'downtubes' are the bottom forgings, different from left to right,...but the same for DuoGlides.

Swingarms were the same for your machine as well. The numbers you ask for are in the Partsbook, not on your hardware.

....Cotten
          not sure what you mean by "bottom forgings", so what your saying is these numbers are not part numbers?

Comment

Each individual forging in the frame had its own blueprint number, and the whole frame had a part number for itself.

I do not believe the frame part number was ever displayed upon frames; just dates upon the top motormount gusset, and after '62 there was a production number stamped upon the left side of the headstock.

But I learn something new every day.

....Cotten.

Comment

ok, thanks
              I did find a stamping on that head, either 38 or 88 can't tell very small numbers

Comment

Just look at the right side upper motor mount. There will be a number and a letter. The letter is the month and the number the year. If the letter is a B it's Febuary. If ya got a round swing arm the casting number will always be 58. Why? Because it never changed!

Comment

There are early and late round swingarms. The early ones have casting numbers on the outside of the axle clips on both sides. the late ones , 63 and up I believe, have 2 reinforcement ribs on the outside of the left clip and the number is on the inside. I think they were feinforced to support the new bigger brake.
                  Brian

Comment

Bme if this is the case. I got to believe ya cause I've never seen one of the ones your talking about. Every one I've ever seen has a 58 casting number Will go looking at the meets next spring. Bob

Comment

There is a 58A and 58B version of the 63 and later swingarm, although I haven't spotted a difference between the A and B. Maybe grease fitting related?

Comment

I know the real early ones did not have a zerk, I think they added the zerk some where 60-62. All I have are late modle ones here I think, but I'll go rooting around and see. I can at least post a photo or two of the 63 and up variety.Try to do that for ya by the end of the week.
                        Brian

Comment

ok. I need some help. Got some photos to post, but whatever I try I get a message telling me file is to large. What don't I know? Will post them as soon as I find out how.
                          Brian

Comment

If you are attaching it from a stored photo program, just go to image, and resize it to around 600, for your first dimension. It will auto size the other one. That will upload easily.
                            Mike

Comment

Thanks, here is outside of late modle left axle clip
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X