Vintage-Style AMCA patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage-Style AMCA patches

If you look at older photos of MC club events, it's common to see riders wearing an AMA shoulder patch on thier club sweaters if they happened to members of that orginazation. The older patches were embroidered felt (although I did see one very cool chennile AMA patch!) I know the AMCA has club patches available, but I wondered if others were interested in vintage style AMCA patches- for our vintage club. I have collected some older gear that I like to wear when riding my vintage machines, and a vintage style patch with the AMCA logo would look just right. Just an idea to run-up the pole and see if anyone salutes.
    Doug.

Doug!

I am really surprised that there have been no replies, as the patches are readily available.

Please post me direct at liberty@npoint.net, and I'll get you a freebie.

Everybody else must suffer envy.

....Cotten
    (AMA member of course!)

Comment

Vintage Patches

Another source for vintage patches is Cyclemos Vintage Motorclothes. www.cyclemos.com or www.cyclemosvintagemotorclothes.com Owners Mike and Jen Silvio have embroidering machines in their museum and have designed and are repopping many old style patches that look great on any shirts, vests and jackets. Very High quality stuff....with very fair prices.

They also will design and make any patch style you can submit to them as long as it does not infringe on any manufacturers copyright. I had a custom horsehair jacket made a few years back and have used numerous Cyclemos patches to adorn it. Looks like a vintage 40's jacket.

Indian, Excelsior, HD, Yale, Thor, Excelsior Autocycle, Excelsior Super X, Miami, Pope, Crocker, Reading Standard, Cyclone, AMA, Flying Merkel, Henderson, Iver Johnson and more..... Worth visiting their website

Just another source

Steve Klein
      Steve Klein
      Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
      American Pre-teens - 1965
      AMCA Member 12176
      Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
      www.CherokeeAMCA.org
      Steve@SteveKlein.com
      Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

Antique Style Club Patches

Actually, what I was interested in was trying to get our club- the Antique Motorcycle Club of America- to make up our AMCA patches in the vintage style. The ones we have available now are brand new-style "stiff" with sewn edges. Old style patches were sewn on felt with raw edges. I just thought the Antique Club should have some antique style patches. Either no one understood what I was gettin' at, and/or everyone thought it was a poor idea.
        Doug.

PS: Cotton, late thanks for the offer of the AMA patch. I have a couple of the old felt AMA patches in my collection, don't wear them though, as I'm not an AMA member.
        Doug McLaughlin #6607
        NorCal, USA

Comment

sorry been busy havent been around a couple of weeks. I think the old style patches are a great idea. even on a new jacket.

Comment

I agree. Paps

Comment

Originally posted by D.Mac View Post
              If you look at older photos of MC club events, it's common to see riders wearing an AMA shoulder patch on thier club sweaters if they happened to members of that orginazation. The older patches were embroidered felt (although I did see one very cool chennile AMA patch!) I know the AMCA has club patches available, but I wondered if others were interested in vintage style AMCA patches- for our vintage club. I have collected some older gear that I like to wear when riding my vintage machines, and a vintage style patch with the AMCA logo would look just right. Just an idea to run-up the pole and see if anyone salutes.
              Doug.
              I would definitely be interested in wearing an old "AMA" patch, the old 1930s style felt one, but not a new patch that did not exist back then, (an AMCA patch) though it is a novel idea none the less.

Do you know if the ones now being reproduced are quality old 1930s style AMA patch? If so I'll hit up cyclemos right away!
              Last edited by 1776J; 08-11-2009, 11:27 AM.
              "The beauty of life is more the crying baby than the great orchestra." -Woody Guthrie

Comment

patches

I'm the new merchandise manager and working on getting the old style patches to add to the AMCA merchandise. Thanks for the heads up!
                Please let me know of any other items you would like to see offered and I'll do my best to find 'em.
                Visit the AMCA trailer at Davenport and see what's new at this point!
                Thank you in advance for your support. Anyone who would like to volunteer some time in the trailer, please contact me.

Comment

I would if I was there. Folks, this gives potty break and message checking time. I did it at Oley for a short bit. It also offers the opportunity to talk to current and future members.
                  Denise

Comment

I would like to see a license plate topper logo'd if possible. Oh yeah, any chance to get all the merchandise in 3X? I like what was in this issue of the magazine.
                    Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                    1947 Indian Chief

Comment

When you first open the AMCA web site, you now see an advertisement for AMCA badged clothing. Obviously, they want to make some money selling this stuff and that's okay but it's all "yuppie" gear. I think they could actually sell some of it if it was more vintage style clothing. I don't mean to harsh someone's clothing taste but did they even look around at the general clothing style of the average AMCA club member? I don't think too many of us are dressed for a dance at the country club after a rough day at a swap meet. It's just like the pick-up truck raffle. How many of you bought a ticket for that thing? There's some real out of touch thinking at the administrative level of this club.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

vintage stuff

I'm working very hard to find vintage-looking items for the Club, as well as have it be USA-made and affordable; a challenge in itself. It takes time to come up with a design, find a suitable product, then have it ready for market. We had only about 4 weeks to get the product together that you see.
                        CycleMos and I are working to get a wool felt patch that many have requested.
                        See the vintage-look sweater on page 69. This is by the Dehen company that has been making motorcycle wear since the 20's. We need orders for 24by Oct. 10 or we won't be able to get it done. Yes, it's pricey, and it is a quality, USA-nade, VERY old-school-looking garment. Someone on your Christmas list would LOVE it!
                        In response to "micmac" most of the clothing items are available in 3X; please feel free to contact me. And, I'm working on a medallion that can be attached to a bike or license plate or wherever you would like.
                        Please be patient and send suggestions/suppliers for more items that you would like to see offered. All suggestions are most welcome!
                        Susan

Comment

vintage gear

Sue,
                          Did you get together with Mike Merlin?
                          Ken S.
                          Ken S., # 6457
                          1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
                          1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

I'd definitely be interested in a club patch for the leather jacket....... my only question is.....what happened to the cool t-shirts the club has sold in the past? Most of the new stuff is a little "dressy" for me....
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                              It's just like the pick-up truck raffle. How many of you bought a ticket for that thing? There's some real out of touch thinking at the administrative level of this club.
                              I have no idea on how many tickets were sold for the pick-up. It seems to me though that a raffle for an antique motorcycle would likely go over good. I'd definitely buy a ticket for that.
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                              X