Exhaust gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust gaskets

I need new exhaust gaskets for my Deluxe. Before I remove the header, should I order up a set, or can I cut new ones from a sheet of high-temp gasket material?

I'm not new to making gaskets, been doing it for years, but thought it prudent to ask before I open a can-o-worms.

I always paid for new ones untill the last try and I decided to make my own as you say. Worked fine and cost alot less, so far its holding up fine. I got high temp gaskit sheet from Napa and I have not had any trouble so far. Good luck with yours.

Comment

Thanks Tom.
      Back in the day, when my family ran a farm repair shop/garage, we made such things daily. But now, I seem to buy parts more often rather than make them. Plus, in my own operation, I seem to need a lot less parts than we used too.
      Same goes for the bikes. As much as I love the old bikes, I'm gonna tour on something newer,,,,,,,,like a late '70s. :-)

Comment

Rickeieio, nice meeting and camping with you at Wauseon in the OVC area. Nice Henderson too!

Comment

Wauseon was a hoot. I really enjoyed meeting you and all the other folks. I'm looking forward to being able to go next year too.
          Meeting all my new friends makes me think of one of my dad's favorite lines...."You've got thousands of friends you haven't met yet." So true.

Comment

Working...
          X