Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HydraGlide front fender trim

Hello out there,
    I have a question on front fender trim on my "Johnny Cash Panhead", you know- '49, '50, '51, '52..... you get the idea. On each side of the fender there is chrome script that says Hydra Glide (I am going to make my first attempt at posting a pic to this forum). A buddy claims this was not factory for any year, but it looks like factory stuff. Maybe an accesory item? I'm bettin' that I've come to the right place to find out.
    Thanks, Doug.
    Attached Files

It's an accessory item. 91582-50. A buddy has a couple "Special Deluxe" scripts that I've never found a part number for. Anyone heard of that one? ... Perry
    Attached Files

Comment

Perry,
      Thanks for the detailed reply. I suspected they were OEM accessories, but I don't have a vintage Harley accessory catalog. My friend claimed that since none of the photos in the Palmer book showed them, they weren't OEM, but Palmers doesn't go too deeply into accessories.
      Doug.

Comment

Perry if I can find my still in the bag deluxe script emblems Ill upload apic

Comment

INLINE - the trim by buddy has is not the usual Deluxe or OHV Deluxe. It says "Special Deluxe" very much in the same style as the Hydra Glide trim above. Unfortunately I can't get a photo of it, everything is packed away. My buddy is moving shop (I'm going over to help with the last of the heavy stuff on Saturday) so they won't see the light of day for months or even years ... Perry

Comment

Perry, sorry I didnt read close enough ! I do not and have not seen the " Special Deluxe" emblems, but do hope you post them if possible and again my mistake for not paying attention !

Comment

Working...
            X